Sunday 22 March 2015

"Let's Shred Metalhead!" Track Review



I'm unable to post the video via blogger so here's the link

Ok, like 4 blogs ago I wrote that I do take requests- if You want me to write about something then I will. And today we have our first request.

Gunsen's "Let's Shred Metalhead!" track review.

First thing I need to say is that I am the worst person to write instrumental track reviews. This is the only reason I didn't write a review like that for Aephanamenrmenrr/Nif Riffs. I don't play guitar, I don't know techniques and as you all have already noticed I have no idea how songs are built in general.
So let's write a review and fuck this shit.

The song (video version) begins with some text on screen, very familiar to me, maybe because I did the translation. It's not the best but the original text wasn't very good either. Also it's not 100% fitting to the song (part about meaningful lyrics) because back then I had no idea where this text will end.

After a while we see our happy protein-pumped guitar exhibitionist Gunsen. With so much cloth accessories that I'm amazed there are no Coca Cola banners on him (says the guy wearing 24 patches on his jacket, way to go me ).

His music starts slow reminding me intros to some old 80-s movies, but after a while starts a typical power metal riff which is quite catchy and some "meaningful lyrics".

Let's shred metalhead and fuck the pop shit. Repeated a few times.

 No other lyrics so it's an instrumental song. Some tempo changes appear later and the song is overall like a long guitar solo. After 3:30 starts an outro which is in my taste misplaced and unnecessary, there was no real build-up to this point.

To me this song looks like a typical guitar song used to present some new cool guitars many guitarists do for money, my knowledge of instrumental, guitar oriented songs is very poor, I remember listening to Elias Viljanen solo stuff and of course Aepthmamnemr/Nif Riffs. And sadly I prefer these over this stuff, most of this song sounds "inconsistent" to me, so much sound is packed in this song that itself it doesn't know what it wants to be. The main riff (or sweep, dunno) is cool and catchy, after 2 minutes the song changes (so it's an A+B song) but then after the end of the B part we have an outro with some orchestrations. Why?

Still, editing of the video is very well done with many views on the guitar and her wielder, his guitar skills are impressive but as with Dragonforce- skills are not everything. Therefore I give solid 8/10 with a small + for really catchy riff/sweep/whatever it is , maybe I will make it my ringtone.

Some cool instrumental guitar tracks:



No comments:

Post a Comment