Tuesday 15 September 2015

Wacken Open Air (answered question)


I got a nice question recently, about Wacken Open Air festival, let me translate it with way more correct grammar than it was originally

- if You're such a metalhead then why weren't You on Wacken Open Air? Fucking poseur!

Well, the answer is sweet and short- I'm poor and pathetic, I can't afford it and I will go throw all my cds through the window and become a die hard funk fan.


The real reason being of course that the tickets are sold out instantly after they are available. This year I had money for 2 tickets frozen in my budget for WOA 2016, and yet one day after they were out I was unable to buy a ticket.

Why? Did 75,000 of metalheads buy them out instantly? No. There are companies that buy tickets for WOA, and sell them for double the price, triple or more. It's the most famous metal festival on this planet, so there will always be people desperate enough to pay that much. 75,000 people is a huge crowd, but compared to 6+ mln fans of Scorpions alone are just adorable
Same with most things connected to WOA, everything there is expensive to absurd levels.

I might go once to WOA, in like 10 years. But I won't buy any tshirts, any drinks and I will be eating only enough to survive. Those greedy assholes responsible for prices won't suck all my blood.


No comments:

Post a Comment