Wednesday 5 August 2015

Welcome Whispered to my top 13

the artist died quickly after so nothing more epic could be made

Yea I won't wait another year to say that, in short Sonata bye bye and hi Whispered. A few months ago I was starting to dig Whispered with a thought "oh well, Norther ain't no more, lemme listen to that samurai crap as a replacement". Soon enough my thoughts changed into "man, I think those guys are a bit more serious about their music than I thought". A month ago they started rivaling my dear Kalmah on the way to the top and I had to take an Insomnium-Omnium Gatherum-Swallow The Sun break for a while. After coming back and seeing the demo/single of my favourite song of theirs I just don't care anymore, those guys are totally deserving to be my rear guard of the list.

Fight!
Like the last man in the night,
holding the front alone, and the
Fear!
Shall be no more if the one's prepared
to hold the sword
Hold the sword!

Not the best example of their lyrics but in short- Whispered is a Melodic Death Metal band with a lot of japanese folk elements and very solid progressive elements. Lyrics match those of Insomnium while the sound is heavier, harsher and more extreme. Between the releases (3rd album on the way) the line-up changed drastically but the sound improved a lot, the vocalist did a great job polishing his growls into less saliva-driven ones. Solos are amazing like the Kalmah ones, both albums are great in their field (second one has more folk elements, no keys and more hardcore drums) and the third is gonna be something more, as they showed with Sakura Omen song. Also the music they are making gave me a plenty of ideas to my Dungeons & Dragons sessions in Rokugan and inspired me to write better lyrics. Should I mention reviving my passion to music? Yea, I probably should. Whispered saved my dying flame of passion towards music, and I just can't thank them enough for that.

Silently
the rivers stay still
Nor light or dark
emerges
from the nothingness

Silently
My sword aims for the kill
dancing like a petal in storm
cutting through blight

Sakura slowly fall from the sky
glowing faint dark light

So, my updated list of favourite bands looks like that now:
0. Titanium
1. Delain
2. Trollfest
3.  Pathfinder
4. Babymetal
5. Omnium Gatherum
6. Cain's Offering
7. Galneryus
8. Stratovarius
9. Insomnium
10. Alestorm
11. Wintersun
12. Whispered

And as a bonus free nightmare fuel for everyone, stolen from one of their music videos:

Favourite track as well:


the single/demo version, not the polished album one, both rock

In my heart I've sheltered everything I need
To walk through this blood rain, even if it's me who bleeds

No wasted years behind - this war could never be over
Being still alive makes me feel dead cold inside

No comments:

Post a Comment