Tuesday 25 November 2014

2014 Summary

First thing first: I wasn't able to afford every important record this year so my list of best albums this year are not accurate,
For this moment I don't have a new Alestorm album, new Hammerfall album and a new Skalmold album, my guess is that either Alestorm or Skalmold are the best folk metal album this year (I don't take under consideration albums of Grai, Arkona, Eluveitie or Equilibrium). But I operate with what I have so

Best folk metal album of 2014 goes to Trollfest for Kaptein Kaos. Even though the cd didn't really grew on my like their previous ALL then Ave Maria and title track are really fun to hear over and over again. Not as good as last year's Finntroll, that was something

Best power metal album of 2014 goes to Enceladus, a newcomer. The mixing and production are on a lower level than Dragonforce and both bands delivered some solid material this year. After long listens Enceladus wins, with less catchy songs and worse vocals but better bass and more fresh solos&ideas (DF is too damn repetitive)

Best melodic death metal album of 2014 goes to, of course, Insomnium. Do I even have to say why?

And as I said earlier this year, best album of 2014 is Babymetal. A overpacked with hit songs monster with crazy level mixing and sound quality, sea of ideas that were perfectly used and everything is just FUCKING CATCHY. Great vocals, great live performances of said songs, the only mediocre thing about this band is the album intro but who cares, skip it and enjoy.


In 2014 I saw many bands live, 3 Titanium shows and made some great friends (bro!) and met in person some old ones (Gunsen, Lena, Elodie). Also my dream of seeing Pathfinder came true.
Sadly the personal stuff went to hell, I thought 2013 was the worst year in this case but it wasn't even close. People died, others treated me like shit, left me and I was an asshole sometimes as well. Not really sure what to do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment