Friday 15 April 2016

Whispered strikes again with "Strike!"


Am I a fanboy yet? I think I am, as Whispered is often playing in my headphones. Mostly because I lack the cable to put something different and fresh to my phone -_- .

Track is intense from the start, with varied riffing presented just in first 45 seconds. Vocals strike again with much clearer sound and faster growling than before. Lyrics are still top notch, even if at times they don't perfectly fit the constantly changing melody.
Power metal elements are still strong in guitars, leading to some unique mixes of extremely intense drums supported my power metal-ish guitars, best seen in the chorus.
Japanese folk instruments aren't absent either, appearing for a while during a bass solo. Add a perfect outro and we have a great music video material. Or perhaps they hide even better material on their third album? Only time will tell.

I expected something great and shocking after Sakura Omen and I've got what I wanted. More of the same flawless music exploring their own subgenre further and further.
I doubt any band will ever be able to play their samurai metal subgenre and someone will say "holy shit, it's better than Whispered!". Still, please prove me wrong :)

Hail Gojira!

PS: The only thing I don't understand is how they are still so unknown, with skills casting a shadow on bands like Wintersun and Kalmah. Someone please give them more attention so they can tour at least EU.



No comments:

Post a Comment