Tuesday 6 October 2015

Heartstrings Shattering


Quite a weird name for a song, something a "depressed" thirteen years old girl would write on her blog, after sixth boyfriend this week broke up with her.

Soft, distant intro to this song doesn't help the image, as well as the lyrics sung by a sad male voice

see the gost i have become
save the prayers for the living ones
feel the dark that i've become
send your crows into the light
TO FILL THE SKIES AND DIM THE SUN
...

I heard the glass shattering with that line, winter coming through the open window and freezing my body, yet the music didn't change, it continues slowly, and this is still the first minute of this ~8 minute monstrosity.

cast the shadows on my side
fullfil the oath of the broken ones
hallowed halls of setting suns
lost in the vacuum of this heart

It's hard to notice the mood changing, music going heavier and heavier with every second.

hear my heartstrings shattering
as tombs open before me
and she sang


It happens again, this time it's my heart cracking, not glass.

bury my heart
cover it with the coldest stones
so it will suffer longer
like i did in your arms
like i did in your arms
like i did in your arms
your arms

female vocals on Swallow The Sun, I don't even know who sings that, but I fall in love with the sad and soft voice.
I'm not going to spoil the song anymore, check it out.



Swallow The Sun are messing with our brains, releasing a emotionally unstable mix of a sad, soft "pop" song perfectly blended with everything there is to love in Melodic Death/ Doom Death Metal. Fading outro coming back to the last chorus, like her last breath on this realm is incredible, and with it fading away I'm finally getting my own back.

Score:

Vocals: /10
Guitars: /10
Bass:   /10
Drums:  /10

Additional:

Final score: % , it's beyond my abilities to review this track

No comments:

Post a Comment