Sunday 14 June 2015

Metric system is retarded?



I didn't have a musical subject lately but because of some minor conflict and major anger I wanted to write something about metric and imperial system of measurement. I do quite a lot of business with Americans and British fucks and I love being called an idiot and a retard just because I use the metric system.
I don't know, maybe it's like a cultural thing there that they are easily triggered by mentioning kilometres, kilograms or litres, like speaking to random_polish_guy to "get over world war 2" or making jokes about Auschwitz (visit the place and then try to make jokes about it- good luck). Anyway, I cannot really understand what is retarded in a system based on decimals. Except time everything we measure is basically in tens, and even calculating km/h and m/s is rather simple , to change km/h into m/s you divide by 3,6.

Maybe I'm missing a point but for me it's way more logical than 1 inch being the length of 3 seeds = ~25mm, a foot being 12 inches, yard being 3 feet, rod being 5,5 yard, chain being 4 rods, fur is 10 fucking chains (METRIC MUCH?), mile being 8 furs and I try to care further. Maybe for some people renaissance was something incomprehensible.

And don't get me started on ounces, pints and gallons. British and American ones are different. THIS MAKES SO MUCH SENSE, NOW I SEE WHY I WAS CALLED AN IDIOT!

I made my system once to measure how retarded something is, and according to my scouter it's


No comments:

Post a Comment