Saturday 16 May 2015

Sonata Arctica (?) concert impressions

Yea so yesterday I went to Warsaw see Sonata Arctica live for the third time (even though last 2 albums were pure shit). First of all let me tell you that like most of sane people living in Poland I hate Warsaw with passion, the city is always on the move and full of assholes. But also when it comes to metal audience on the gigs the most wonderful memories I have from Warsaw so I have some mixed thoughts about this city.
When I arrived in Warsaw the shit started pouring down on my head, first with the news that Sonata won't play and then I almost got ran over when going from the dinner to my flat and I had to rest for 30 minutes because my legs didn't want to move.

But fuck it, I went anyway as I had a duty of grabbing Sonata autograph for my friend from Kraków, even though polish post office fucked me and not one from 2 last SA albums I bought made it in time (both bought on Friday, in comparison a cd from Russia I bought on Monday made it in time, fuck my life).

I grabbed my friend (random_sexy_girl.hum because when I can spend a gig with a sexy female- I do) and went to see Twilight Force which I didn't know from before. Someone fucked the guitar volume and they were barely heard, still their vocalist had more power than Mathias Nygard from Turisas so the show was saved. Also the whole band went to a school of rocking hard live as their stage presence was very strong for a band I haven't heard from before. After the show I had a long chat with almost all of their bandmembers and I heard their vocalist was offered a job in Pathfinder some time ago and I wasn't surprised, guy knows how to scream.

Signing session with Sonata went fast and Elias didn't remember me so that's all really, there's nothing good I can say about the band anymore, they were all like "5 more minutes and we are done here".

Freedom Call was sounding very good, maybe the vocals had some bad audio levels but they were good. Compared to Twilight their presence was rather poor (just standing there mostly, like the lazy bitches from Titanium). Nothing really more for me to say, I was so angry that I had difficulties getting into the mood. After the show I shared some friendly hugs with their vocalist, told them that I will see them in 3 weeks and made fun of their guitarist. Now I will run to catch a train home and forget about everything that happened.

Warsaw sucks, Sonata sucks, Freedom Call is good&gay, Twilight Force was trying to save them all and actually managed to turn this horrible event into something bearable, thanks guys

No comments:

Post a Comment