Sunday 22 February 2015

Fav bands: Trollfest


I reminded myself how awesome this band is so naturally a good material for one of my shitty blog posts :)

I am a Trollfest fan since 2008-2009 , I think I heard Essenfest right before Villanden was released and I fell in love with a small group of usually drunk norvegians that were playing Finntroll-ish music when having fun together. It was fun to observe how this small silly band had become one of the fan favourite bands in extreme folk metal :D Also they have a special room for my heart as they were an introduction band to folk metal for me, Finntroll was the first band I knew of but Trollfest really made me dig their music.

Also it was the most extreme band I've listened to for a long time, I was unable to tolerate those vocals (the rest was very extreme to me as well) when being sober so naturally Trollfest was my chosen music when I was drunk. Now I can sleep to all of their hardest songs.

I have only the best memories when talking about Trollfest, how I met them for the first time, giving Jostein a bottle of Jagermeister and how pleased he was to see that even in Poland they have a fan or two. He got the whole band for me to sign my shit, dedicated a song onstage and made a bow towards me and also wrote something nice on their tour blog, it was worth way more than a stupid bottle of Jeger (in 2012 I gave them two bottles , this they don't remember at all as the whole band was drunk as fuck at this point :D ).

I will see the band live at least 2 more times, and before my fourth live show I will make a Trollfest tattoo to show my appreciation for the last time :) The only band I enjoyed every cd so far (5 fucking albums, only a handful of bands can beat that), the only band that even with their rising popularity still makes music mostly for fun and respects their fans a lot, and a band which has a man I kissed once in the mouth (Manskow <3 )


Stay like that Trolls, You are doing a great job, just keep it up! :D

PS: my favourite song, which is funny because it's very different when compared to their other material. They tried this gregorian shit approach and made one fucking epic toffee turd. Also the intro scalped my face so many times it's so extreme.

Fuck, they are more extreme than this guy


No comments:

Post a Comment