Tuesday 20 January 2015

THE BEST SONGS IN THE WORLD!

You do love this title, don't You? Usually written by some dumb kids or hipsters after the release of a new Fun single. It all comes to our own taste and preference which song is the best or not. I don't really believe in God, so I don't believe that there exists an ultimately best song ever. Maybe there was a song in like 1530 or there will be in the future (OR MAYBE ALIENS HAVE IT, YOU NEVER KNOW). So, what am I on about here? I picked my best song in Folk Metal, Power Metal and Melodic Death Metal. So without further bullshit-here wo go.

Probably the hardest choice of all to pick the best Power Metal song, but Stratovarius won with the most epic piece I ever listened to. Not a single second on this track seems unfitting to my ear. 3 part monster delivers probably the most amazing solos on keys I heard and every solo fits the rest of the song. Guitar outro makes my soul burn with an eternal fire and both vocals and drums are on the spot.

Close but outmatched were Galneryus with Angel of Salvation and Pathfinder with Ready to Die Between The Stars, they deserve a mention at least.


Yes, a Moonsorrow song. Not one of my favourite bands, but kept in a high regard. Why Jotunheim?
Well, it perfectly captures the spirit of folk metal, the primal form of it. The first, black metal mixed with folk elements. The folk and sad intro, the screams, the melody. There wasn't a single listening of it that didn't squeeze a single tear from my right eye.
The closest to Moonsorrow was Nordheim with Soulblood, nice work for a band outside of Europe :)



And I guess no surprise here, best melodic death metal song is Sons of Winter and Stars + the intro track, When Time Fades Away. I don't even remember how many tracks were in this song, arround 1600. Some would say that there isn't much melodic death metal here, but for these people I have one thing to say:
fuck you.
fuck you all!
Wintersun is the best *crazy fanboy laughter* HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!
*escapes through closed window*

No comments:

Post a Comment