Sunday 22 July 2012

Don't steal the music

Hi there.
First rule of my blog- it is not important, so check some other blogs where bloggers actually care about you, I just need some space where I can transfer some thoughts off my head, they might be wrong, or not important as I am not a very smart person. But I don't care, so why should you?

First entry of mine is the piracy problem in the music industry. As a representant of a great and the best metal community I am very proud to tell you that I don't steal the music, download it from internet or something like that. I spend quite a lot of my money on cd's or digital recordings of my favourite artists, and I like it that most of the metalheads do the same- that brings us closer to one another (that sounded so gay, sorry) no matter what kind of metal we listen to.
 Unfortunately a lot of new metalheads and kindermetalheads download cd's from the internet (I would kill those fucking uploaders on chomikuj.pl , nearly every cd I have I can download from there >:( ) and I have something to say on this subject.

Kids, you are stealing from the bands- fuck the law but you are actually killing the bands you want to hear from so badly. How can you listen to a band, say "Oh my god/satan, they are fucking rocking!" while you are tearing their hearts out ? Do you know how much effort you have to put into recording these days? You need to write new lyrics, music, then record it, mix it and master in some previousely booked studio, and the process usually takes arround half a year/year. For a 40+ min. cd. Which you usually download for free in about 3 minutes.

And don't give me crap like "I want to listen to them so badly that I have to steal from them". Some bands record a music video or give free samples/singles when releasing new records so you can listen to this stuff. Also don't try to tell me "I am too poor to buy cd" - If you can't afford it, don't listen to it. It is brutal but that's how the world works - artist's work is to make music, he makes money of it. So help him, don't kill the band and pay for the fucking music. Some musicians already had problems with money (such amazing bands like Wintersun), and some bands propably died because of thiefs (I don't know any example, feel free to correct me).

I heard someone's idea that bands should release their albums on vinyls, as it is propably harded to maintain high quality recording of a ripped vinyl, but that would kill all the enjoyment from listening to music from mobile devices.

In my opinion you are not a true metalhead when you steal from the bands. You are a fucking thief and I will kill you when I have the opportunity. With these kind words let me finish my first blog entry ^^

Try to have a nice day, if you can't then fuck it, drink some booze and go to sleep.

PS. English is not my primary language, feel free to brutally correct me when I'm wrong or flame me. It is a fucking primary Internetz language so I should learn it or shut up, the choice is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment